In this section
Do we exchange rings and vows again during the ceremony?
Can we involve our children in the Renewal of Vows service?
What will the Renewal of Vows ceremony include?
What will the Renewal of Vows ceremony include? Your renewal of vows ceremony can include anything you want! It is a totally personalised celebration of your love for your significant other and should be full of precious memories, old and new commitments and your reasons for renewing your vows.
You can renew the vows you originally took, your commitments and exchange rings again if you wish. Or you can choose to have new vows and/or commitments that might be more suitable for the situation now. You may choose to replicate an entire ceremony, or you may craft this special event in a totally unique way. There are no legalities and no restrictions: it’s entirely your choice. Do whatever feels meaningful to you and your partner.
What are some ideas to include in a renewal of vows ceremony?
Your ceremony can include significant music, readings, singing or the exchange of important gifts. You may choose to incorporate a symbolic act or involve other members of the celebration in the service; it is 100% up to you.
Some ideas to include in your renewal of vows ceremony include:
- Re-dedication of rings – you could have a new engraving added to your wedding band or dedicate a new one altogether
- Ring-warming / ring blessing – this is a symbolic ritual where rings are passed around and blessed by your loved ones
- Plant a tree in celebration of your new vows
- If you have welcomed a new tiny member to your family since your wedding, they could walk you down the aisle or be involved in some sweet way
- You could follow cultural traditions for renewals, such as Unity Sand ceremonies or trying something a bit different like painting the original wedding dress as part of the service
Can I involve guests in the renewal of vows ceremony?
The Ceremony can involve your loved ones through the readings of poems and other symbolic gestures, songs, meaningful words or any other input you’d like them.
So, yes! Your loved ones can absolutely be a part of this special day.
Will my Celebrant help plan what the renewal of vows ceremony will include?
With a Celebrant led Renewal of Vows Ceremony, your ceremony will be completely personalised. It can include any speeches, readings, moments and experiences that matter to the pair of you; it is all about creating something that is a perfect reflection of your never ending love for one another.
Your Celebrant will talk you through all the options to personalise your service from start to finish and through ongoing, regular communication, you can ask them to include important aspects to you, or remove others. You have total freedom with a Celebrant to ensure the words spoken on your day are perfect.