In this section
What should I look for when choosing a wedding Celebrant?
What is the difference between a Humanist and a Celebrant?
Why would I choose a wedding Celebrant over a Registrar?
We married abroad but would like a ceremony in my home town, can this be done?
Getting Married in Spain: The ultimate guide to a Spanish destination wedding
Getting married in Scotland – The ultimate guide to a Scottish destination wedding
Getting married in Greece: The ultimate guide to a Greek destination wedding
Getting married in The Middle East: The ultimate guide to a UAE destination wedding
How do I become a wedding Celebrant?
If you’re considering a career as a Celebrant, chances are you’ve attended a Celebrant-led ceremony and been impressed or touched by their service. Or, perhaps, loved ones keep telling you what a wonderful Celebrant you would make.
A career as a wedding Celebrant is an inspiring, fulfilling and rewarding choice. You get to experience the joy of creating the perfect wedding day for couples from all walks of life; a memory that they – and you – will hold dearly, always.
While you don’t need formal qualifications to become a Celebrant, they can help your career prospects. There are many training organisations out there offering these opportunities; get in touch with us using our contact form for a comprehensive list.
What makes a good wedding Celebrant?
Of course, a career as a wedding Celebrant isn’t suited to everyone. There are a few skills and qualities that are required to be a successful and reputable Celebrant.
- You should be a strong communicator
- You need to be confident in front of a crowd
- A good listener! Remember; this is about them, not you.
- A strong writer with the ability to craft a beautiful, meaningful ceremony
Questions to ask yourself before you become a wedding Celebrant.
You’ve got the passion; tick. You’ve got the skills; double tick.
But… there are still a few things you need to think about before making the jump.
- What’s your availability like? Remember, most weddings happen on weekends. This is not a 9 – 5 job, and so you need to be prepared for that.
- Do you have the financial stability to support you while you build your business? While you can earn a good amount of money as a Celebrant, it won’t happen overnight. Be sure to look at your finances and make sure you are protected while you develop your business.
- Do you have the resources to market your business? If you want to turn this into a full-time business, then you need the tools or capabilities to turn it from a side hustle into an accomplished company. There are many training programmes on the market that can support you with this step.
Still keen? Fantastic. You won’t regret it.
Which Celebrant training providers do you recommend?
There are a whole host of Celebrant training providers around the world, each with their different benefits and specialities.
It is important that you choose a training provider that suits your learning style (for example, do you learn best in a group setting or with tailored 1-2-1 guidance?) as well as your budget.
In addition, consider exactly what you want to get out of the training. While you of course will want to learn how to officiate the most memorable weddings, if you want to build a career out of your qualification, you cannot forget the importance of marketing skills and being taught how to run a successful business.
Why train with The Academy of Modern Celebrancy?
And that’s why The Academy of Modern Celebrancy is a brilliant choice. AMC is the leading training provider, teaching you not only how to become a modern Celebrant, but also how to run a successful business at the same time.
The training programme is flexible and taught online, with the perfect mixture of group coaching and 1-2-1 training. You will experience 24-7 support and tailored mentoring, as well as life-time access to a suite of valuable content.
AMC is the training programme for the modern Celebrant.
To find out more about how to enroll, visit our training page.