GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE AGREEMENT FOR THE CELEBRANT DIRECTORY AWARDS
These are the terms and conditions upon which each Entry to The Celebrant Awards shall be subject. If The Celebrant Awards (“We”, “Us”, “Our”, or “the Awards”) accept an Entry (“You”, “Your” or “Entrant”), You will be bound by these terms and conditions and Your Entry shall be considered and judged in accordance with these terms. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and such changes shall be deemed notified to You by their publication online.
The following terms shall have the following meaning in these terms and conditions:
'Category’ means each particular category of award as listed and detailed on the Website here.
‘Country’ means each particular geographical country for the purposes of organising the Awards and awarding the winners.
‘Closing Date’ means midnight on date specified for Entries and Nominations and midnight on date specified for Voting.
‘Entry’ means your entry into the Awards submitted to The Celebrant Awards via the Website.
‘Website’ or ‘the Site’ means The Celebrant Awards website accessible at www.thecelebrantdirectory.com
‘Entrants’, ‘Entrant’, ‘You’, ‘Your’ means a company/business that are classified as Celebrants and involved in the Celebrant profession.
‘Voters’ means an Entrant’s clients, family, friends or general public figure voting for the Entrant.
General Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Entries received from ineligible companies/businesses (i.e. those who are not registered Celebrants) will be removed from the Awards without notice.
- Entrants must enter one of the specified Awards Categories in one of the specified geographical countries. An Entrant’s awards country shall be determined by the trading address of the Entrant and the main country in which they reside and carry out their work. Entrants may be nominated for several Categories, however all Entries must be received by the Closing Date.
3.1. If We at our sole discretion deem an Entrant to have not secured a high enough proportion of votes from their indicated eligible voters We reserve the right to not shortlist the Entrant regardless of their average voter score.
3.2 If We at our sole discretion deem a Category to have an insufficient number of Entrants We reserve the right to remove the respective Category and the respective Entrants shall be offered the option of Entry into another Category (“Alternative Category”). The Entrants reserve the right to refuse entry to the Alternative Category in this circumstance.
3.3 If We at our sole discretion deem there to be an insufficient number of Entrants in a country then We reserve the right to combine countries where necessary and applicable.
3.4 If We at our sole discretion deem there to be an insufficient number or country finalists in any category or any country finalist or finalists not to be of a suitable standard to win the country award for their category then We reserve the right not to award a country winner in that category.
- If We in Our sole opinion believe that a Category cannot be supported in several countries We reserve the right to exclude the respective Category for a national award and the Entrants of the respective Category shall be offered the option of Entry into an Alternative Category. The Entrants reserve the right to refuse entry to the Alternative Category in this circumstance.
- Once submitted nominations cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- Voters shall be allocated one vote per Entrant, and any votes received after the Closing Date shall not be counted.
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to promote The Celebrant Awards and ensure that they encourage voters. Disqualification of an Entrant for malpractice relating to this shall be at the sole discretion of The Celebrant Awards.
- Voters may only vote once for each of the Entrants, but can vote for more than one Entrant.
- All Entrants agree to their entries being used for promotional purposes by The Celebrant Awards throughout all media channels.
- The Celebrant Awards reserves the right to amend any Entrant profile not deemed appropriate. The Entrant concerned will be notified within 24 hours of any such changes having been made.
- The Celebrant Awards reserves the right to withdraw an Entry from the judging process at any time if the Entry is deemed inappropriate for any reason, and their decision is final on this matter.
- The following methodology will be used during the Awards process.
12.1 After the Closing Date, all Entrants will be put to the public vote.
12.2 After voting has closed the Entrants with no votes will be automatically removed from the competition and their profiles removed from the Awards Website.
12.3 All eligible votes from the remaining entrants are then counted and collated, and the resultant data is processed. The panel will then shortlist a limited number of these entrants per category based on the highest number of votes received.
12.4 The Celebrant Awards reserves the right to not shortlist an entrant where it is deemed that said entrant has not received a sufficient amount of eligible votes.
12.5 Shortlisted Entrants will be notified and announced on the Awards Website on or around 23.09.19.
12.6 The judging panel will then deliberate and vote for the overall winner of each category from each country and the winners notified.
12.7 The Celebrant Awards reserves the right to change or amend this methodology at any time. All Entrants will be notified by email within 24 hours of such changes.
12.8 The judging panel’s decision is final. The Celebrant Awards reserves the right to change the judging panel at any time without notice.
- The Celebrant Awards shall by way of a judging panel as listed on the Website consider each Entry on its merits based solely on the information referred to in the relevant Entry. All Entries shall be considered in accordance with these terms and conditions, and in the course of judging an Entry any judge may request further information from the Entrant or Nominee. Failure to supply the information requested will result in the immediate disqualification of the Awards.
- Shortlisting for the awards will take place after Voting closes. Judging for the awards will take place after the shortlisted entries have been announced.
- The Celebrant Awards’ decisions relating to short-listing and granting of awards in the course of judging the Awards is final and The Celebrant Awards will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with any Entrants on any subject nor will The Celebrant Awards accept any submissions or representations or appeals with regard to such decisions. The Celebrant Awards reserves at its sole discretion the right to disqualify Entries.
- The Celebrant Awards reserves the right to change the members of the judging panel at any time. The judging panel’s decision is final and cannot be appealed or contested.
- External contact with any member of the awards judging panel relating to the judging process, or its outcome, or any attempt to influence any member of the judging panel will result in immediate disqualification from the awards.
- The Celebrant Awards and all its Intellectual Property remains the sole copyright of The Celebrant Directory. These rights will be enforced under the jurisdiction of English Law and all claims will be pursued as appropriate.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales, and both parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Winners are permitted to refer to the fact that they are finalists or winners and use the appropriate The Celebrant Awards logo in their own publicity materials for a period of 3 years from the date on which they receive the award.
- We may disclose your personal information or access your account if required to do so by law, any court or any other applicable regulatory, Governmental or law enforcement agency.
The Celebrant Awards Terms And Conditions Of Use
https://www.thecelebrantdirectory.com (the “Website”) is owned and operated by The Celebrant Directory, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 11759599
whose registered office is at 3 St Annes Gardens, Southampton, SO19 9FJ.
The terms “we”, “our” and “us” when used in these Terms means The Celebrant Awards (The Celebrant Directory). The terms “you” and “your” when used in these Terms means you as a user of the Website.
- Use Of The Website
1.1 Please read the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before using the Website. These Terms form the agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Website.
1.2 The Website is provided for information, education and communication. By using the Website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to accept these Terms, you should not use the Website.
1.3 We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on the Website and will apply from the date posted. You are advised to review the Terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Website after such changes are posted will be deemed agreement on your part to these Terms, as amended.
1.4 You agree to use the Website only in a manner which complies with all applicable laws and regulations and which is consistent with these Terms. You will not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- Intellectual Property Rights
2.1 You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks, database rights and all intellectual property rights in the Website and all photographs, designs, images, text, software, data, audio, video and any other material in the Website or material generated by or transmitted from this Website (“The Celebrant Awards Material”) are owned by us or our licensors.
2.2 The Celebrant Awards name and logo are trademarks of The Celebrant Directory. No permission is granted by us in respect of the use of any such trademarks, names or logos which appear on this Website.
2.3 No other use of The Celebrant Awards Material may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following without our prior written permission:
2.3.1 Incorporate The Celebrant Awards Material in any other work, broadcast or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form;
2.3.2 Make any commercial use or publish The Celebrant Awards Material; or
2.3.3 Perform, broadcast or otherwise transmit, post, share or make available to the public The Celebrant Awards Material.
2.4 Under no circumstances shall the use of this Website grant to any user any interest in the Website, The Celebrant Awards Material or in any intellectual property rights of The Celebrant Awards whatsoever.
- Information On The Website
3.1 Whilst we reserve the right to change the content of the Website at any time, The Celebrant Awards Material may be out of date from time to time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
3.2 We make no representation that the Website or The Celebrant Awards Material is appropriate for use or available outside of the UK. If you access the Website from outside of the UK, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local law or practice.
- User Contributions
4.1 Any communications and/or other material which we receive from you (including without limitation by email and any material that you submit via this Website) (“User Material”) will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary and we reserve the right to use User Material on this Website, any other website operated by us and in our offline publications where we consider this appropriate. You hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, and publish such User Material on this Website, any other website operated by us and in our offline publications and for all other commercial and non-commercial purposes related to our work. If you do not wish to grant such rights to The Celebrant Awards, then please do not submit any User Material to us.
4.2 By submitting any User Material, you:
4.2.1 warrant that such User Material is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above; and
4.2.2 agree to waive any moral rights in your User Material.
4.3 Under no circumstances should you submit any User Material:
4.3.1 that is knowingly false or misleading;
4.3.2 that is defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, obscene, inflammatory, of a racist, sexist or other discriminatory nature, in breach of confidence or privacy or which is otherwise unlawful or offensive, or which might reasonably cause offence to any person or damage the reputation of The Celebrant Awards. You must not use any abusive or aggressive language, swear, threaten, harass or abuse any other person, including other users;
4.3.3 which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences or approvals;
4.3.4 which is technically harmful including, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data, malicious software or harmful data
4.3.5 Impersonating any person or entity or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
4.4 Any User Material submitted to us is submitted on the basis that we may review and edit such User Material prior to publication. We reserve the right to remove any User Material or part thereof published on the Website at any time and for any reason at our absolute discretion without notification to you.
4.5 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Celebrant Awards and its directors, officers and employees, from and against all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses and costs arising out of your submission of User Material which breach these Terms.
5.1 From time to time, this Website may contain links to other websites which we consider may be of interest or helpful to you. These links are provided for your convenience only and The Celebrant Awards has no control over nor is in any way responsible for the content or availability of such websites. The Celebrant Awards therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
5.2 You may not link to this Website from any other website without our prior written permission. Permission for such linking may be requested by sending your name, address, website URL and details of the nature of the website to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Misuse Of The Website
6.1 You must not alter, add to, delete, remove or tamper with this Website or any part of it or indirectly disrupt or interfere (or attempt to disrupt or interfere) with or alter this Website. You must not misuse this Website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Website, the server on which this Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Website.
6.2 You must not access the Website for unlawful use, including use which would constitute a criminal offence under English law. You hereby agree to on demand indemnify and keep indemnified The Celebrant Awards for any costs, claims, liabilities, fines, expenses, demands, proceedings and losses whatsoever made against or incurred by The Celebrant Awards as a direct or indirect result of your breach of this clause.
6.3 We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. We recommend that you take measures to protect the security of your computer including installing anti-virus software on to your computer.
- Limitation Of Liability
7.1 This Website and The Celebrant Awards Material are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and to the fullest extent permissible by law. The Celebrant Awards makes no warranties of any kind (whether express or implied) that the Website will meet particular requirements, or be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure or operate without error or that it will be free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful elements. No content or information obtained by you from the Website, whether written or oral, will create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these Terms.
7.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of The Celebrant Awards or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
7.3 You agree that we will not be liable for:
7.3.1 Any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system; or
7.3.2 Any other loss or damages whatsoever (including but not limited to, loss of profit or loss of use, direct, indirect or incidental loss) arising from your use or inability to use our Website, The Celebrant Awards information or any link to another website and whether such loss or damage arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- Governing Law And Jurisdiction
8.1 These Terms and your use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. By using the Website, you accept that any dispute under these Terms or arising out of the use of the Website (including non-contractual claims or disputes) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which you submit.
8.2 You are responsible for complying with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the Website.
10.1 If for any reason any part of these Terms is deemed to be unenforceable, then this part of the Terms will be severed and this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
10.2 Any waiver by The Celebrant Awards of a breach of any provision of these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any provision.
Further information on these Terms or any queries on them can be obtained from The Celebrant Directory at email@example.com
Last updated: September 2020