From caring Speech and Language Therapist to bespoke Civil Wedding Celebrant!
Meet Trish Tierney, (aka Trish the Celebrant) promoting inclusive multi-linguistic and multi-cultural civil ceremonies throughout Ireland/Northern Ireland.
Trish Tierney is a qualified Civil Celebrant based in Belfast. Trish conducts ceremonies across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Civil Celebrant-led ceremonies are wonderful celebratory occasions, made completely bespoke to each couple/family, for Weddings, Renewal of vows, Civil Partnerships, Commitment, Baby Naming and Welcoming Ceremonies.
Holding two primary Degrees and a Diploma in Civil Celebrancy (Naming and Couples Celebrant) and currently living in Belfast, Trish is a true professional and is delighted to offer civil ceremonies to cover the island of Ireland and further afield if requested!
Trish has travelled all over the world and worked internationally, immersing herself in diverse cultures, languages, and traditions. Her experience has spanned from school teaching in Dubai in the Middle-East, to Speech and Language Pathologist in Australia/England/Ireland and Northern Ireland, to her J1 Student-days as a Deli-worker in The Hamptons, New York!
“Each stamp on my passport has taught me that life’s best moments are the ones we craft ourselves. This insight led me to train for a Diploma, as a professional Independent Civil Celebrant and I now have my favourite job – collaborating with people to create, craft and celebrate life’s joyful milestones with unique, bespoke civil ceremonies.”
Trish is extremely proud of being part of the healthcare profession (Speech and Language Therapist) with the NHS, HSE and Queensland Health (over the past 20 years). Trish has vast experience in public speaking, working with diverse family situations and says she “…thrives on getting the best out of people”.
With an academic background in Linguistics and Speech and Language Therapy, Trish has a genuine passion for languages and communication. So whether you dream of incorporating a traditional Spanish Blessing, a Polish Prayer or a heart-felt poem, as Gaeilge, Trish’s expertise with the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and experience with multilingual interpreters allows couples to feature parts of their ceremony in any language they may like. Trish is also an Irish-speaking Celebrant, so if this is something that is important to you and your partner, please contact Trish today.
“I’ve seen the wild, the wonderful and everything in between. Ensuring that everyone feels welcome and included in your ceremony is paramount to me.”
Why choose a Civil Celebrant for your 2024 Wedding Ceremony?
● Location Flexibility: From an intimate sunrise beach ceremony to sunset mountaintop vows, from a twilight ceremony in the forest, to an afternoon in a glorious Castle garden, from your favourite urban Art gallery to a back-garden marquee, the world is literally your venue!
As Trish is a Member of the Association of Independent Celebrants (AOIC), she is fully insured to conduct a ceremony anywhere… “As long as it's safe and legal, your dream location is a go with me!”
● Complete Freedom: If you decide to have a Civil Ceremony, together with Trish, you can incorporate ANYTHING YOU as a couple/family WISH to, as it’s a personalised ceremony. Civil Celebrants aren’t tied down by set patterns, words, or rituals. But if you want them, they can be beautifully woven in. The key phrase here? … "If you want...". If you want your ceremony to be done a certain way, a civil celebrant can make that happen!
● Blend of Traditions: Fancy a sprinkle of tradition, a prayer, a blessing or a hymn? Consider it done. Prefer to keep it secular? That's perfect too. A combination of heritages, religions, backgrounds? Fantastic! Couples are welcome to incorporate as much or as little as they wish, so the ceremony truly reflects their own individual personalities and values.
● Inclusive Celebrations: Want to involve family, friends, or even furry friends in the ceremony? Yes, absolutely, the more, the merrier!
● Beyond the Norm: Civil Celebrants aren't just for Weddings. Whether it's elopements, civil partnerhip ceremonies, vow renewals, commitment ceremonies, naming ceremonies, family welcoming (perhaps a newly adopted/fostered child to your family) and family blending, life's special moments deserve the unique touch that an Independent Civil Celebrant can provide.
So whatever kind of Celebration you and your Partner have in mind for 2024, contact Trish the Celebrant today to discuss the details and to start you on your journey to making your magnificent, dream ceremony come true!